Friday, November 5, 2010

Thing #15: Web 2.0, Library 2.0 and the Future of Libraries

I really like  Sarah Houghton’s  (LiB) definition of L2, “Library 2.0 simply means making your library’s space (virtual and physical) more interactive, collaborative, and driven by community needs. Examples of where to start include blogs, gaming nights for teens, and collaborative photo sites. The basic drive is to get people back into the library by making the library relevant to what they want and need in their daily lives…to make the library a destination and not an afterthought.”
As I was doing the reading for this "Thing" I kept thinking that Library 2.0 could mean something different to me depending on the community and library that I am working with.  Library 2.0 is all about the users and what they need and how the library can help them get what they need.

No comments: