Saturday, October 16, 2010

Thing #9: Useful Library-Related Blogs and News Feeds

I have spent many hours on this post also.  It is so easy to start searching and either get off track and end up reading all kinds of blogs or stay on track with educational blogs but spend way more time than you meant to looking for the blogs that you will actually want to spend time reading on a regular basis.

I looked at  http://www.topix.net/opix.net and thought it seemed like a great way to get national and local news, until I continued to read and started seeing that people were just making up and writing things that were completely crazy, evidently anyone can post to it and comment. 

http://edublogawards.com/2008/ award winners made it easy to fine blogs that are what I was looking for.  Although the name of some blogs doesn't really fit the content, it was quick and easy to open the blog and see if it fit what I was looking for.

One of my favorite blogs that I found was freetech4teachers.com.  They have so many free things that are very useful for teachers.

No comments: