Sunday, October 17, 2010

Thing #10: Online Image Generator



I enjoyed this "thing".  I went down the list and played with the different websites.  I have used Wordle before and that is fun, it could be used in any class or subject.  Just have students use words that describe a specific country, or period of history, book that they have read, the list is endless.  I have had a hard time doing anything with Wordle except printing, saving or embedding is a problem for me. 

I also made a flower text from ImageChef, it is supposed to be on the side bar, it was there a few minutes ago, I hope it hasn't moved.  It was very easy to make, just type in the short message that you want, then type the place you want it to go, a blog, Facebook, Myspace, there were several other options.  The only problem I ran into was that if it was smaller it would fit better on my sidebar, but I can't shrink it!  I think it would be fun to change the message on a flower text in a blog to give a hint about something that will be happening in the library.  The text needs to be very short though, 1 or 2 words.

Big Huge Labs has so many things that you can do with your pictures, it is amazing.  It was hard to chose where to start.  I played with the Hockneyizer because I thought it was just so different.  The look of the polaroid is what got my attention.  Wouldn't it be fun to have this type of pictures of students involved in group projects or other activities in the library around the library or even in the hallway outside to promote the library?

No comments: