Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Thing #8: RSS Feeds and Readers

I think I have spent about 2 weeks on this "thing".  The RSS I didn't have any trouble with at all, I had noticed that little orange button many times, but didn't know what it was.  It is much faster than going to each blog individually, and I've noticed that if the title doesn't seem to be something I'm interested in it is easier for me to just skip the whole entry.  If I go to the actual blog I always get caught up in reading the post anyway.  So it is a time saver in that way for school or personal use.  I knew that there are many blogs about all kinds of personal interests but I was really surprised to see so many blogs in so many different areas that are school related.  It would benefit anyone in the schools, teachers, librarians, and administration to subscribe to a few blogs that are related to their areas because someone always has a new idea, or a new way of thinking.  Some days it's like a mini workshop is waiting on your computer. 
The reason I haven't posted in so long is because I've been trying, and getting frustrated with the create a public page part of this.  Once I get frustrated I just go back and search more blogs and forget about what I am supposed to be doing.  I think I almost have the sharing thing figured out, but I decided since it is optional I am going to post thing 8 and I'll post more on the sharing later.

1 comment:

Selena said...

I've gone to the Help section and read very thing I could on the "sharing" option and I still do not know how to open up my Google Reader to the public. When you find out, SHARE with me!