Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Thing #11: LibraryThing

I have used a site like this before, but Library Thing seems to be more user friendly. For some reason, it seems easier to navigate than the other site.  The only thing I would like Library Thing to have and I haven't found is a wish list, or a place to add books that you want to read.  I did find some groups that interest me, historical fiction and YA readers are two of them.  I was surprised when I was looking at the groups to click on "see more tags" and see so many more groups.  I looked at many of the challenges too,  some of them look very interesting, there is no telling what you might end up reading!  There didn't seem to be much for children, but if /when I work with students that are reading YA literature Library Thing might be another tool for finding recommendations for books that might be interesting to them.  I would like to add a Library Thing Gadget to my classroom blog.  It would be much easier to post some of the books that we read to Library Thing than to cut and paste the cover to the blog like I sometimes do now.

1 comment:

Selena said...

I included the Library Thing widget in my blog, but I do not know how to choose the books I want to display. Seems like it is a random selection. If you find out how to customize, let know.