Saturday, September 11, 2010

Thing #7: Cool Google Tools

I have spent more time playing with Google than I should have.  Customizing my homepage was fun, I always wondered how people put the timers on blogs.  I'm still trying to figure out how to show both of the timers at the same time, I'm going to keep working at that.  You can view my homepage here:  http://www.google.com/ig#restore
I also added a few Google Alerts, and set up a personal calendar.  I think that a librarian could use the calendar to let others in the school know when she has classes coming into the library and when she would be available.
Google Docs is something that I learned about last spring.  I have used it several times. If I start working on something at home I can use Google Docs so that I don't have to email the document to school and hope it is there when I get there.  It is also nice when more than 1 person is working on a document so that everyone can easily have input.
Google notebook was another thing that I played with.  I thought it would be a neat thing to use but I was disappointed.  Maybe it was because I was having computer problems but it didn't seem to let me put in the notes that I thought I would be able to.  I will definitely go back and play with that one again.

1 comment:

Selena said...

Jodi, I really like using Google Calendar as a homework calendar. It is very easy to use and I can embed it into my wiki! I need to play around with the other Google tools, too.