Sunday, September 5, 2010

Thing #6: Have some fun and discover some mashups and 3rd party sites.


There are so many things in this "thing" that are so much fun. I played with the mosiacs and a lot more at Big Huge Labs. Bubblr is one of the many Flickr Toys that I looked at, you can use Flickr pictures to make cartoons. The first few weeks of school are not my best at coming up with cute, catchy captions. However, Bookr was my favorite. I can't wait to have my kindergarteners make books. They are very simple and quick to make. I'm thinking that as a group we could brainstorm rhyming words or things that start with a specific letter then let several students at a time go to the computer with the list (in my handwriting with words spelled correctly) to make a book. In the alphabet book that I made I didn't put all 26 pages in the book because I was afraid it would take too long to download and upload. In the end it didn't take long at all to download to my computer. I am just amazed at how easy this was to put together a book!

1 comment:

Selena said...

I love the alphabet book! You are so lucky that your school allows Flickr. Hope your students have fun with it.